APM 550 MFC
Impactor based (USEPA published design) Mass Flowrate Controller with VFD Drive
Ambient air enters the APM 550 MFC sampler through an omnidirectional inlet designed to provide a clear aerodynamic cut-point for particles larger than 10 microns. The air stream then passes through a WINS Impactor that retains the fraction between PM 10 and PM 2.5.The PM 10 and PM 2.5 impactors used in the APM 550 MFC are based on designs standardized by USEPA and as such the system complies with international norms for PM 2.5 Samplers.
The sampling rate is held constant at 1 m3/hr by a mass flow controller. An ambient air temperature sensor and barometric pressure sensor have been provided to automatically compensate for temperature and pressure while reporting flow rate in volumetric flow units. The APM 550MFC has an in-built data logger that records air temperature, filter temperature, flow rate and also totalizes and records the volume of air sampled. A PC based software is provided for downloading the monitoring data.
- PM 10 and PM 2.5 Impactors of sampler based on designs standardized by US EPA.
- Flow Control based on Mass Flow measurements to remove errors due to pressure, temperature changes (of both ambient air and filter).
- Auto shut off if flow rate drops significantly below 1 m3/hr.
- Microcontroller based datalogger records Air Temp., Filter Temp. and Flow rate.
- Windows based software for downloading data.
- Pump Assembly in separate cabinet to prevent loss of volatile fraction and improve portability.
- Special imported oil-free brushless vacuum pump that is practically noiseless.
Size Selective inlets
Omni-directional air inlet with PM 10 separation through an impactor followed by PM 2.5 separation through a WINS Impactor
1 m3/hr controlled by mass flow controller
Oil Free, non-pulsating pump driven by induction motor for stable flow rate
Nominal 220 V, Single Phase, 50Hz AC mains supply. For proper operation and safety a good earth connection is mandatory
Filter holder designed to accept any standard 47 mm diameter filter media
Dry Gas meter records the total air volume sampled
Elapsed time indicator
Real Time clock records the operating time for each sample
Digital Microcontroller based system records flow rate, volume of air sampled, air temperature and filter temperature in non-volatile flash memory
Leak Check & Flow rate measurement adaptor
Download PDF Below.